This Pineapple Crunch Salad is loaded with fresh pineapple, tomatoes, carrots, green onions, and crispy chicken….and topped with the BEST homemade honey mustard dressing. A salad and a meal, all in one!
I’ll never forget when I went to California for a blogging retreat, and one of the other bloggers there told me I’m not nearly as much of a dud in person as I appear to be online. Okay….she didn’t say it exactly like that. I think her words were something more like, “You’re much funnier than I thought you’d be”…..which basically means the same, right? DUD.
Sigh. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my 3 years of blogging, it’s that being yourself online is hard. For so many reasons! It’s hard to know what to share, how much to share, how to have your voice come across in a way that actually sounds like you….
And it’s hard to know how the things you share are being heard! Do people find my stories endearing, my complaining relatable, my rambling funny? Or do I kind of come across as….well….a dud?
Equally tricky? Figuring out what types of recipes to share. Do I stick with the tried and true favorites that everyone knows and loves? Or do I share new flavor combinations that just happen to be delicious? And do I leave out certain ingredients that everyone might not love? The struggle is real!
To be honest, I struggled a little bit with sharing this recipe. Not because it’s not delicious…but because it’s not a well-known combo. Pineapple & tomatoes? Not your go-to salad toppings. So you’re going to have to trust me on this one. The flavors are amazing together….and when you add the crunchy carrots, the crispy chicken, and the sweet honey mustard, it’s one of my all time favorites!
Still not sure? Well, I actually based this recipe on one of my favorite salads from a great local restaurant. So….it’s been done before. You’ve maybe just never heard of it. Which is exactly what I’m here for! Trust me.
Pineapple Crunch Salad
- 5 oz. mixed greens
- 1 c. fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 to mato cut in wedges
- 1/2 c. shredded carrots
- 2-3 green onions sliced
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 c. mayo
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp. apple cider vinegar to desired consistency
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat in a frying pan.
- Pat chicken tenders dry; dip in flour to coat, then dip in beaten egg and bread crumbs.
- Place tenders in frying pan; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Prepare salad by layering ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Top with crispy chicken and honey mustard dressing.
- For dressing:
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.