Lemon Chicken Rice Casserole makes the BEST easy weeknight dinner!
It’s simple to prep – with just 8 ingredients – and oven ready in less than 10 minutes.
This recipe takes classic chicken & rice casserole to the next level with the addition of fresh mushrooms and a burst of lemon. If your family loves chicken, you’ll definitely want to add it to your dinner rotation!
I partnered with Pick ‘n Save to bring you this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemon Tree Dwelling possible!
There’s something about a good casserole that’s hard to beat.
Not only is it delicious, and hearty, and everything comfort food should be….but it’s just so darn easy to make.
It requires nothing more than combining a bunch of ingredients in a pan and letting them bake. No extra steps, no multiple components, and the end result is never disappointing.
This Lemon Chicken Rice Casserole is seriously one of our favorites. It’s rich, creamy, and packed with delicious flavor.
And I love the added dose of freshness! Between the Baby Bella mushrooms and the fresh lemon slices, this recipe takes traditional chicken & rice casserole up a notch.
Best of all, I found everything I needed to make it at Pick ‘n Save. I love fact that I always know I’ll be able to find everything I need at Pick ‘n Save…and I love that I have so many quality options.
From the Simple Truth chicken breasts and cream of mushroom soup to the fresh mushrooms, lemons, and parsley, shopping at Pick ‘n Save made this easy recipe that much easier.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THIS RECIPE?
- Long grain white rice
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Dry onion soup mix
- Chicken broth
- Lemon juice
- Sliced mushrooms
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Lemon slices
- Fresh parsley
HOW TO MAKE LEMON CHICKEN RICE CASSEROLE:
- Spread uncooked rice into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Mix together cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Pour a small amount over the rice.
- Place chicken breasts on top; cover with remaining soup mixture.
- Top with mushrooms and lemon slices.
- Bake & enjoy!
CAN YOU USE BROWN RICE INSTEAD OF WHITE RICE?
Yes, you can definitely substitute brown rice for the white rice. Because brown rice cooks differently than white rice, I would recommend adding 1/2 c. additional chicken broth to the recipe. Also be sure to keep the casserole covered during the entire baking time.
CAN YOU SUBSTITUTE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN?
Although this recipe is easy to make with uncooked chicken breasts, you may choose to use rotisserie chicken instead. In that case, it will be important to use instant rice in place of long grain rice. You will also need to reduce the baking time to 45-50 minutes.
WHAT OTHER ADDITIONS OR SUBSTITUTIONS CAN YOU MAKE?
- Use any flavor of creamed soup in place of cream of mushroom
- Add broccoli or cauliflower for an extra dose of veggies
- Use water in place of chicken broth
- Use gravy mix in place of onion soup mix
This casserole is the perfect easy dinner recipe and ideal for busy nights. It’s easy to prep in just 10 minutes or less, and it’s a complete meal all in one.
Made with just 8 ingredients, this dish is packed with delicious flavor and it’s a meal the whole family loves.
When it comes to quick, easy, and satisfying….this Chicken Rice Casserole is a recipe that can’t be beat!
Looking for more family dinner recipes? Be sure to check these out!
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Italian Stuffed Peppers
- Honey BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Chicken
- Easy Chicken Piccata
- Spinach Artichoke Tortellini
- BBQ Chicken Enchiladas
- Honey Orange Pulled Pork
- Pesto Chicken Pasta
1. Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. 2. Pour rice into bottom of dish. 3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine mushroom soup, onion soup mix, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Pour 1/2 c. mixture over rice. 4. Place chicken breasts over rice. Top with sliced mushrooms and pour remaining soup mixture over the top. 5. Add sliced lemons. 6. Cover with foil; bake at 350° for 1 hour. 7. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes. 8. Remove from oven; garnish with fresh parsley.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 21g
1. Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pour rice into bottom of dish.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine mushroom soup, onion soup mix, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Pour 1/2 c. mixture over rice.
4. Place chicken breasts over rice. Top with sliced mushrooms and pour remaining soup mixture over the top.
5. Add sliced lemons.
6. Cover with foil; bake at 350° for 1 hour.
7. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven; garnish with fresh parsley.