Conversation Heart Krispie Bark is a kid tested, kid approved dessert. Just 3 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of time these make a fun and tasty Valentine’s Day treat!
Yesterday was a crazy day. Let’s just say it made me happy that we decided to space our kids out the way we did….all 2-3 years apart so that we never had 2 kids in cribs, both needing sound machines and baby monitors, at the same time! Whew!
So what happened to make me realize these things? Well, I watched my sister’s two boys while she was at work! No big deal, really…..and to be honest, the day went better than I even imagined it could. But anytime you have a 3 year old, a 2 year old, and a 6 month old all together….and you are solely responsible for all of them….things are bound to get a little crazy!
There was crying and screaming and waking one another up from naps, there were arguments over toys (although minimal), there was a poop-through and a pee-through and spit up and trying to carry 50 pounds worth of baby at the same time, while pregnant…..but all in all, the day went smoothly. I would happily watch my nephews (or nieces, for that matter!) any day of the week. Just as long as it’s not EVERY day of the week. Ha!
Best of all? In the midst of a hectic, somewhat frazzling day where I felt like I never stopped moving, I was still able to whip up a quick batch of this Conversation Heart Krispie Bark. No joke. It’s that easy! It happened in the 5 minutes all three kids were in their respective beds….two of which just happen to be cribs….which, in case I haven’t mentioned, is something I’m glad we NEVER had to deal with. 🙂
Conversation Heart Krispie Bark
- 16 oz. meltable white chocolate I used Vanilla Candiquik
- 2/3 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- 2/3 c. conversation heart candies
- Melt white chocolate over low heat. Stir in Rice Krispies and conversation hearts until combined.
- Spread melted mixture on baking sheet lined with wax paper or aluminum foil (I sprayed mine lightly with cooking spray to ensure easy removal).
- Cool in refrigerator or at room temperature until hardened.
- Break into irregular pieces; store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Looking for more easy and delicious Valentine’s Day ideas?
Here’s a list of 30+ Valentine’s Day Recipes to try out today!
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest for even more great recipes!