These Caramel Cappuccino Muffins are packed with the delicious flavors of caramel and espresso and topped with a generous layer of streusel and a drizzle of sweet caramel icing. Perfect for special occasions or any day!
One thing that's true about me is that my kids have to drag me out of bed nearly every. single. morning. And when I say drag, I mean literally! No matter what time the troops start rising, I would always love to eek out a few more moments of shut eye. But inevitably, they have other ideas. Inevitably, they want me out of bed....now!
It typically takes them a number of tries and a good long while to convince me to put my feet on the ground and follow them down into the kitchen....and it's no wonder. I'm leaving the peacefulness of sleep for the chaos of the morning. And let me tell you - the chaos is real.
So I've found little ways of coping, little ways of making the morning feel a little more peaceful and a little less chaotic. As you might have guessed, my first line of defense is always coffee. I know it might seem backwards, given the caffeine factor and all, but there truly is nothing more calming than knowing my first cup of coffee is on its way.
I've always been a flavored creamer kind of gal, and I LOVE the move toward fewer ingredients and nothing artificial. I recently tried International Delight Simply Pure creamers, and I'm completely sold. Not only are they made with just 5 ingredients, including real milk, cream, and sugar, but they taste amazing! The perfect addition to my morning escape....a guaranteed way to get me out of bed each morning.
These days, I have to admit I'm satisfied with just coffee. And creamer. But if there's one thing that can make a delicious cup of coffee even better, it's an amazing muffin to go with it. So naturally, I took the creamer and put it right into the muffins. And the end result? Heavenly! Divine. The best thing that's happened to mornings in a long time. Dare I say - possibly even better than sleep, itself.....and that, my friends, is saying a LOT.
For information on where to find International Delight Simply Pure Coffee Creamer near you, check out their product locator.
Caramel Cappuccino Muffins
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. International Delight Simply Pure Caramel Coffee Creamer
- 2 Tbsp. instant coffee granules
- 1/2 c. 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For streusel topping:
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- For caramel drizzle:
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. International Delight Caramel Coffee Creamer
- Prepare muffins by combining flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the coffee creamer and coffee granules in a bowl and stir until the granules dissolve.
- Stir the butter, sour cream, egg, and vanilla into the milk mixture.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. (*I used jumbo muffin tins)
- Prepare streusel by combining ingredients in a small bowl and mixing until crumbly.
- Divide streusel topping evenly among muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees approx. 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare drizzle by combining ingredients in a small bowl; drizzle over tops of muffins.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.