This BLT Egg Salad combines two classics in one delicious dish that's sure to become a new favorite!
This egg salad rehas all the creamy deliciousness you expect from egg salad, plus the bold flavors of bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
Perfect for weekday lunches and summer picnics, and a great way to use up leftover Easter eggs. If you love egg salad, you'll LOVE this yummy twist!
I partnered with Pick 'n Save to bring you this delicious recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemon Tree Dwelling possible!
I'm not sure what it is about egg salad, but for me it's one of those things. I could eat it all day every day if I let myself. And to be honest? Even though I enjoy a good egg salad sandwich, I really don't even need the bread. I'll eat it straight from the bowl. With a spoon.
And while I love a classic egg salad recipe as much as the next person, there's something about mixing it up that I love even more. Which is probably why I'm such a fan of Cobb Egg Salad and Sriracha Egg Salad....and why I can't wait to try this Bacon Avocado Egg Salad.
And with Easter just days away...and 3 dozen dyed Easter eggs currently sitting in our fridge...I'm definitely seeing this BLT Egg Salad in our near future. Not only is it SUCH a perfect combo, but it's also SO easy to make. Especially when you have everything you need from Pick 'n Save!
I've been LOVING Pick 'n Save's Simple Truth line recently...and in particular, their bacon and eggs. And when you add some fresh arugula and grape tomatoes to the mix? You have yourself a delicious BLT Egg Salad that's perfect for lunch, dinner, or even afternoon snack.
HOW DO YOU MAKE EGG SALAD?
- Start with fresh Simple Truth eggs. Place them in a large pot and fill the pot with enough cold water to come one inch above the eggs. Bring the water to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat to below simmering, cover, and cook the eggs for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the eggs and chop or mash them to desired consistency.
- Add cooked bacon, chopped arugula, chopped tomatoes, mayo, and seasonings.
- Stir until well combined.
- Serve in a sandwich, on a salad, on crackers, or enjoy by the spoonful!
HOW LONG DOES EGG SALAD LAST?
Egg salad will last 3-5 days when stored properly in the fridge. I love making a big batch to enjoy throughout the week!
Back to those 3 dozen hard boiled eggs sitting in my fridge. That's 36 eggs, my friends. Time to start thinking about what else we can do with some of them. On my list so far? Once we've had our fill of BLT Egg Salad? I'm thinking Ham & Cheese Deviled Eggs and definitely this Cobb Crescent Roll Pizza. And then probably some more egg salad. Like I said...it's just one of those things.
What about you? Are you an egg salad purist....or do you like to mix things up, too? I'd love to hear about YOUR favorite twists!
- 6 large Simple Truth eggs
- 6 slices Simple Truth bacon
- 1/4 cup arugula, chopped
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 6 Tbsp. mayo
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- Boil eggs; peel and chop or mash to desired consistency.
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl; stir.
- Serve in a sandwich, with crackers, on top of a salad, or straight from the bowl!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 305mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g