The BEST Broccoli Slaw recipe! This salad always gets rave reviews.
It’s loaded with broccoli, almonds, sunflower seeds, ramen noodles, and green onions and tossed in the most flavorful dressing.
Perfect for end of summer picnics or year round get togethers, if you love cole slaw, you’ll love this delicious twist!
So. It’s Labor Day weekend! Do you have any fun plans?
I’m not gonna lie…I’m pretty excited that it’s finally here. Not just because Labor Day means a 3 day weekend, and fun with friends, and a little extra time to relax, but because Labor Day signals the start of the school year. WOOHOO!!!
After spending the past 3 months at home with my kids, I’m ready. And you know what? I’m not even going to feel bad about it.
Just like I’m not going to feel bad about doing nothing this weekend except relaxing and enjoying time with family and friends. And….of course….eating!
Labor Day weekend is the perfect time to squeeze in one last summer party, and it’s the perfect time for grilling.
And we all know that half the fun of grilling is making tons of fun sides to go with it!
This salad is the perfect blend of savory and sweet, and what I love most about it is the crunch. Between the broccoli and the almonds and the toasted sunflower seeds…this Broccoli Slaw adds a delicious crunch factor to any meal.
It comes together in minutes and can easily be made in advance. In fact, it tastes better when it is!
And best of all, it travels and stores well, making it the perfect salad for any occasion.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BROCCOLI SLAW?
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine 1 package of broccoli cole slaw, 1/2 c. toasted sunflower seeds, 2 oz. toasted slivered almonds, 2 packages broken ramen noodles, and 1/3 c. chopped green onions.
- In a small saucepan, combine 3/4 c. olive oil, 1/3 c. sugar, 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar, and 2 packages ramen soup seasoning.
- Heat dressing, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Cool.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss; refrigerate until ready to serve.
HOW DO YOU STORE BROCCOLI SLAW?
Broccoli Slaw can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Best Broccoli Slaw
The BEST Broccoli Slaw recipe! This salad always gets rave reviews. It's loaded with broccoli, almonds, sunflower seeds, ramen noodles, and green onions and tossed in the most flavorful dressing. Perfect for end of summer picnics or year round get togethers, if you love cole slaw, you'll love this delicious twist!
- 1 package broccoli cole slaw
- 2 packages uncooked ramen noodles, broken into pieces
- 1/2 c. sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/3 c. chopped green onions
- 2 oz. slivered almonds, toasted
- 3/4 c. olive oil
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 2 packages ramen soup seasoning
Combine salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
In a small saucepan, combine dressing ingredients. Heat, stirring, over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves.
Let dressing cool; pour it over salad and toss to combine.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.