Peach Cobbler Baked French Toast is one of our family’s go-to breakfast recipes. It has all the flavors of peach cobbler in a delicious overnight French toast casserole that’s perfect for weekends or special occasions. This recipe is easy to prepare and oven-ready in the morning. Take the stress out of breakfast with this delicious twist on a classic….guaranteed to become a favorite!
Spring has officially sprung! And suddenly? I want to do EVERYTHING. I’m not sure what it is about the warmer weather that puts me in this mood….but I’m ready to make some plans. Who’s with me?
I feel it every year at this time, but there’s something about this year that makes me feel it even more. Probably because winter has lasted SO long….long enough that we had all started to wonder if maybe spring just wasn’t going to happen…..and now that it’s here? We need to make up for lost time.
And what better way to make up for lost time than by inviting all my favorite people over for a fun weekend brunch…just because?!
I love brunch more than any other meal of the day, and I especially love brunching with family and friends. It’s the perfect way to bring people together, and if you do it just right, it’s the only meal you really need.
And since no brunch would be complete without the sweet stuff, we’re always sure to include as much of it as possible. Everything from coffee cake to muffins to cinnamon rolls and French toast….because let’s be honest. The sweet stuff is the best part!
I especially love a recipe that’s easy to make and can be made in no time. Because the last thing anyone needs when they’re hosting a fun, spontaneous brunch is to be stressed out the morning of!
This Peach Cobbler Baked French Toast is one of my go-to recipes for delicious, stress-free mornings. Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s made with Libby’s Sliced Peaches, which means it’s super quick and easy. Libby’s Canned Fruits come in a variety of flavors, from peaches to pears to apricots and fruit cocktail, and they’re incredibly convenient and easy to keep on hand for last minute plans.
And since they’re so affordable, you can host several brunch gatherings all spring and summer long without breaking the bank.
I love a brunch recipe that tastes a little bit like dessert, which is why this Peach Cobbler Baked French Toast is right up my alley. Between the sweet buttery syrup and the yummy peaches and brown sugar streusel topping, it has all the signs of dessert….but the French toast makes it totally appropriate for breakfast!
This overnight French Toast Bake is refrigerator-ready in just 10 minutes and bakes up the next morning in an hour. Which is the perfect amount of time to prep all your other delicious recipes.
And if there happen to be any leftovers? Just pop them back in the oven and they re-heat beautifully. So, it’s like a bonus brunch the next day! Seriously….does it get any better than that?
HOW DO YOU MAKE PEACH COBBLER BAKED FRENCH TOAST?
- Start by combining brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Heat it until the butter is completely melted, then pour it into a greased 9×13 inch pan. This will form the sweet, sticky syrup that’s essential in a French Toast Bake.
- Slice one loaf of French bread into 1 inch slices and place them in an single layer covering the bottom of the pan. You can also cut the bread into one inch cubes if you prefer. You will probably not use the entire loaf.
- To make Peach Cobbler French Toast, pen and drain two cans of Libby’s Peach Slices, then pour them evenly over the bread slices.
- Combine eggs, half & half or milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread slices.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Before baking, prepare the streusel topping and sprinkle evenly over the French Toast.
- Bake at 350° for one hour.
Peach Cobbler Baked French Toast
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 loaf French Bread, sliced
- 2 cans Libby's Sliced Peaches
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half & half
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until blended, stirring frequently. Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
Arrange bread slices in a single layer over brown sugar mixture.
Drain peaches; spread in an even layer over bread slices.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine milk, half & half, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Whisk until blended. Pour mixture over sliced peaches.
Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Before baking, prepare streusel topping by combining butter, brown sugar, and flour. Sprinkle evenly over french toast.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for one hour.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Libby’s. The opinions and text are all mine.