Better than Takeout Chicken Fried Rice – made with just 6 ingredients and ready in 15 minutes! The perfect EASY dinner or side dish…just in time for back to school!
So. Summer is winding down….and back to school is just around the corner. Are you ready?? I’m at that point where I’m having very mixed feelings about it. One minute I can’t wait to shuffle my kids out the door, and the next minute I’m thinking about all the fun things we could have/should have been doing with our time. Oh, summer. Why must you do this to me every. single. year!?
Because just like that….it’s time to start thinking about fall. And busy mornings. And school supplies. And soccer practice. And….perhaps most daunting of all….weeknight dinners. Yes, it’s time to start building an arsenal of easy, delicious dinner recipes that I know my family will love! Starting with this Easy Chicken Fried Rice.
My kids ADORE fried rice, and after making it? I can see this Easy Chicken Fried Rice becoming a weekly staple. Because not only is it packed with flavor (and VEGGIES!)….but it’s seriously SO easy to make! Just six ingredients, 15 minutes, and one pan is all you need. And….voila! Chicken Fried Rice your whole family will devour. And best of all? You can find everything you need to make it at your local Pick ‘n Save.
We’ve always loved the quality and selection at Pick ‘n Save, and now that they’ve introduced the Simple Truth line of natural & organic products? We love it even more! This Easy Chicken Fried Rice features Simple Truth chicken breast, Simple Truth eggs, and Simple Truth Organic Mixed Vegetables….and the end result is a healthy & delicious meal my kids happily gobbled up. And even though I’m pretty sure they’d love it the exact same way every time, I’m already thinking about how I could mix it up. Because when you find a winner….why not make every version of it you can imagine??
So, back to the arsenal. Along with this Chicken Fried Rice, I have Creamy Vegetable Lasagna, Fish Tacos, Skinny Orange Chicken, Taco Pot Pie ….. the list goes on. What about you? What’s in your weeknight dinner arsenal? I’d love to know!
- 2 Tbsp. sesame or olive oil
- 2 Simple Truth chicken breasts, chopped
- 3 Simple Truth large eggs
- 4 c. cooked, cold rice
- 1 bag Simple Truth Organic Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- ⅓ c. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped, raw chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink.
- Push cooked chicken to one side of the skillet.
- Crack eggs into the other side of the skillet and scramble.
- Add cooked rice, frozen mixed vegetables, soy sauce, and butter.
- Stir all ingredients together and continue to cook until vegetables are heated through (5-7 minutes).
- Top with sliced green onions.