Italian Antipasto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – loaded with pepperoni, cheese, artichokes, olives, roasted red peppers, and more! A fun and delicious twist on grilled cheese!
So I have a little something to admit. I’ve been really struggling with family dinners lately….specifically when it comes to the plan. And when I say plan, I mean coming up with something that everyone will actually eat. And like. Other than mac & cheese.
I’m not really sure when or how it happened…(I swear my kids used to be the least picky kids around)…but somewhere along the line they decided to stop being easy and start being, well, difficult. Oh, the joys. The good news? There are some things they absolutely LOVE. Namely….pepperoni!
The second my kids see pepperoni in the house, it’s all they can do to keep from devouring it. They love it in salads, on pizza, in sandwiches, and even by the handful. And they love it any time of day! I’m not even exaggerating when I say they would eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner…if I let them. And, to be honest, some days I might. But for now, I’ve decided I need to capitalize on their love of pepperoni by incorporating it into our family dinners! Starting with HORMEL® Pepperoni and these Italian Antipasto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.
Did you know that HORMEL® Pepperoni is the #1 selling brand of pepperoni in the America? And it’s no wonder. It has incredible flavor and adds so much zest to any recipe! I love antipasto, and the kids love grilled cheese, and together they make one heck of a sandwich. I love that these Italian Antipasto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are loaded with ALL the veggies. And, of course, all the pepperoni. And gooey cheese. And deliciousness. Perfect for adults and picky kids, alike. These Italian Antipasto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are a little bit like an appetizer and a salad and a sandwich all in one. Which means they’re really all you need! Dinner made easy. And SO delicious.
- 2 pieces Italian bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 16 slices HORMEL® Pepperoni
- roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- marinated artichokes, drained and patted dry
- sliced black olives, drained and patted dry
- sliced banana peppers, drained and patted dry
- fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Layer cheese and pepperoni on one piece of bread.
- Top with 1 layer each of red peppers, artichokes, black olives, banana peppers, and fresh spinach (amounts according to taste).
- Top with second piece of bread.
- Melt ½ Tbsp. butter in a small skillet. Grill sandwich over medium heat on one side, then melt remaining ½ Tbsp. butter and flip sandwich to grill on second side.
What’s your favorite way to use pepperoni? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 2/7/2017 – 4/30/2017
Be sure to visit the HORMEL® Brand Page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!