This Creamy Chicken Stroganoff is a delicious twist on a family favorite! Perfect for busy weeknights or cozy family dinners, this is one dish that everyone will love!
So I had an interesting experience the other day. With Myla. At the mall. Just to preface this, I’m not sure Myla has ever been to a mall. At least not that she would remember. And I honestly can’t even think of the last time I was at a mall…unless you count one of the restaurants attached to it. It’s been a while, that’s for sure. But alas, I had to go. And Myla had to come with me.
Let me just say we literally went to ONE single store. To get ONE single item. Not exactly a fun trip to the mall….except for the fact that we rode the escalator. Which may seem like no big deal, but to Myla, it was EVERYTHING. She wanted to do it again and again….and when I told her it was time to go home, she cried. After all, she spends most of her time at home, and home definitely does not have an escalator.
I had to laugh a little, because it suddenly became very clear to me just how much time Myla spends at home. What can I say? It’s my favorite place to be! And since Myla spends her days with me, she definitely gets her fill of it. Maybe more than her fill of it. But for me? It’s perfect. I wouldn’t have it any other way. There’s just something about home that feels comfortable. And cozy. And inviting. Especially when it’s filled with people you love! And, of course, delicious food. Like this Creamy Chicken Stroganoff!
It’s funny – I used to love eating out. And I still enjoy it every now and then. But more and more, I find that I’d rather cozy up to a delicious, comforting meal at my own kitchen table than in any restaurant booth. And this Creamy Chicken Stroganoff is exactly the kind of meal we love. Made with chicken, mushrooms, and Reames Frozen Egg Noodles, it screams comfort. And deliciousness. And HOME. Perfect for busy weeknights or cozy family dinners, Creamy Chicken Stroganoff is one of our new favorites….and guaranteed to be one of yours, too!
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. butter, divided
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 packages Reames Frozen Egg Noodles, prepared according to package instructions
- Cut chicken into thin strips.
- In a gallon size ziplock bag, combine 1 c. flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add meat to bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, melt 3 Tbsp. butter.
- Place chicken in skillet and saute until browned on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add remaining butter to skillet.
- Add mushrooms, onions, garlic, and lemon juice. Saute until onions are tender.
- Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring, one minute.
- Add chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in mustard and sour cream.
- Stir in browned chicken and heat through.
- Serve over prepared Reames Frozen Egg Noodles.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Reames®. The opinions and text are all mine.