2-ingredient Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Cookie Bars. Oven ready in under 5 minutes, and SO delicious!
One of the benefits of having neighbors you’re close with, aside from the ease of borrowing sugar and the comfort of knowing you have someone to call in a pinch, is the fact that there’s always someone to share your food with. Which, when you’re a food blogger, is HUGE. Because when you’re a food blogger, you’re typically making more food than your family could ever actually eat….not to mention the times that you’re making them are often not conducive to a family meal.
To give you an idea, in the past few days I’ve made 3 (yes, THREE) Taco Pot Pies, a giant Pear, Walnut & Blue Cheese Salad, a huge pan of Chili Cheese Turkey Sliders, 2 loaves of Pumpkin Bread, and these Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Cookie Bars. And as much as I’d love to say we eat everything I make, the reality is we don’t. We can’t! But…we do share.
My neighbors no longer find it strange when I text them at any time of day asking if they’re interested in whatever I just made. The other day it was 11 am and I was asking about the aforementioned salad. Often it’s 8 pm and we’re running treats over for dessert. And just yesterday, it was right around dinnertime, and I had Ellia take a plate of these these Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Cookie Bars next door.
Now. I should mention that this was one she was NOT happy about delivering….because obviously she wanted to keep them all to ourselves. And who wouldn’t!? They’re ooey, gooey peanut butter cookie bars stuffed with Nutella. And chocolate chips. And happiness. In other words, they’re HEAVEN. In cookie bar form. My neighbor’s exact words? “SWEET JESUS, I HAVE DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN!” That pretty much sums these bars up.
Of course, I had to tell her that they’re not actually my recipe….they’re the brainchild of my friend Hayley, from the blog The Domestic Rebel. I’ve had the pleasure of hanging out with Hayley not once but twice….and you guys? She is the BEST! She’s smart, sweet and SO FUNNY. Not to mention….she’s a total genius when it comes to desserts.
Case in point: these Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Cookie Bars!!! They’re ready for the oven in literally 5 minutes and could not be more gooey or delicious. Just ask my kids….or my neighbors! And then go out and BUY THIS COOKBOOK: Out of the Box Desserts. It’s filled with recipes that start with a box mix, like Texas Sheet Cake Bites, Galactic Crunch Cookies, S’mores Cookie Dough Brownie Bombs, and Lemon Lush Dessert. I can’t wait to try them all….but first, I’m thinking one more batch of cookie bars.
- 2 (16 oz.) packages refrigerated cookie dough, at room temperature
- 1 (13 oz.) jar Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread of your choosing
- Note: I used Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 inch or 9x9 inch baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray with cooking spray.
- Open one package of cookie dough and press it into a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon the Nutella over the cookie dough layer.
- Top the Nutella layer with the second package of cookie dough, pressing into an even layer.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the center is set.