This Carrot Apple Bread is packed with flavor and perfect for fall! Loaded with fresh apples, carrots, walnuts, flaxseed, and chia seeds, it’s hearty, healthy, and so delicious!
So. Something new has been happening around here lately….and I’m definitely a little excited about it. Ellia has started baking! I’m not exactly sure where the sudden interest came from, and I have no idea how long it will last, but I plan to take full advantage of it while it does. Because more baked goods always makes for a happier house….am I right?
Now. I know the last thing I should be doing is complaining about it….even at all….but if I could change anything about this new baking craze, I’d give myself a little bit less of a hands on role. Because the reality is she still needs lots of help! Because, well, she’s ten. And she’s never really baked before. And she actually wants the recipes to turn out.
And I’m happy to say that, so far, they have! She’s made chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes and pancakes and French Toast, and they’ve all been delicious. And just yesterday she asked TWICE what else she could make. I seriously need to seize this moment while it lasts.
I’m thinking next up will be some type of bread. Either banana or zucchini or this awesome Carrot Apple Bread. It’s a recipe I’ve had in mind for a while now, and I must say it turned out *just* like I imagined it. I love that it’s hearty and dense and packed with fresh fruit and veggies. And I love that it’s lightened up with Truvia® Baking Blend! So you can feel great about eating it for breakfast or snack or all day long.
This Carrot Apple Bread really does have it all – fruit and veggies and spices and nuts and seeds – and it’s made with applesauce in place of oil and Truvia® in place of sugar. I’m seriously in love with the combo, and you know what I love the most? The fact that my next slice of it will have been made with love by ELLIA!
- 1½ c. all purpose flour (or substitute ¾ c. whole wheat flour + ¾ c. all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ c. Truvia Baking Blend
- ½ c. grated carrots
- ½ c. peeled, grated apples
- ¼ c. applesauce
- 1 egg
- ½ c. chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease loaf pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine Truvia, grated carrots, grated apples, applesauce, and egg. Mix well.
- Add dry mixture to apple/carrot mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Stir in walnuts, flaxseed, and chia seeds.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove loaf from pan; cool completely on wire rack.