This Coconut-Rum Banana Bread starts with the BEST banana bread recipe and combines it with the delicious flavors of toasted coconut and real rum! A fun twist on a classic – perfect for breakfast, snack time, or even dessert!
Well, guys….I’m experiencing a bit of a dry spell over here….particularly when it comes to baking. I’m telling you – I haven’t baked a single thing since sometime in April, when I made those delicious vanilla muffins. It’s bad. Especially if you ask my kids!
I’m pretty sure they come home from school every. single. day. feeling hopeful that maybe, just maybe, I baked. Well, so far, it’s been nothing but heartbreak. What can I say?? I was noticing a lack of dinner recipes on the blog, so I’ve been focused on sharing some more of those. And I guess that’s all it takes for any thoughts of baking to completely fall by the wayside.
Now, I know you’re probably thinking, “WOO HOO! You finally baked!” And see….that’s where you’d be wrong. Because this Coconut-Rum Banana Bread is something I thought up and photographed SO long ago….and for some reason, just never posted. Thank God for disorganization and absentmindedness? Yes, I guess so.
I think it’s about time I shared a yummy baked treat with you…don’t you agree? And I’m pretty sure this Coconut-Rum Banana Bread is exactly what you needed. For one, you can’t beat a good banana bread recipe. Two, toasted coconut = heaven! And three, the banana/coconut/rum combo is seriously one of my favorites EVER! One bite of this bread and I’m sure you’ll agree.
On a separate note, seeing this delicious bread is reminding me of how much I love to bake. Or rather, how much I love to eat the things I bake! So I’m hoping it will be the Coconut-Rum Banana Bread that snaps me out of my dry spell. If nothing else, I can guarantee I’ll be making it again soon….it’s been WAY too long!
- 2½ c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 3½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ c. rum
- ¼ c. milk
- 1 egg
- 1 c. mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- ½ c. toasted coconut
- For glaze:
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. rum
- ½ Tbsp. heavy cream
- ⅓ c. toasted coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add vegetable oil, rum, milk, egg, and mashed banana and mix until smooth.
- Stir in toasted coconut.
- Pour into 1 loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees 60-65 minutes (large) or 40-45 minutes (mini).
- Remove from oven; cool slightly.
- Loosen sides of loaf from pan and remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze: combine powdered sugar, rum, and heavy cream and drizzle over slightly cooled bread.
- Top with toasted coconut.