Homemade Mint Circus Animal Cookies with rainbow sprinkles! Perfect for mint lovers, perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
I was reminded recently – at Valentine’s Day, to be exact – that when it comes to holiday cuteness, I’m definitely not the mom I used to be. Sure, I still make a point of celebrating with the kids…..and I do my best to make it feel special…..but at this point, my best just isn’t what it was. I guess that’s the way things go…..
For example, when Ellia was in kindergarten, her valentines were hand-cut flowers with blow pops in the center…..and we were having “friendship” parties with heart shaped cookies and valentine arts & crafts. I used to make a point of all the girls having matching holiday outfits….and I even took pictures of them all together (gasp!) Alas, times have changed.
These days, I feel like I’m winning if I have a couple decorations out and at least one special mention of the holiday. And if I have time for extras….like holiday-themed treats?? Well, then I’m REALLY winning.
Which is exactly why I decided to make these Rainbow Mint Circus Animal Cookies. Because who doesn’t want to feel like they’re winning at holidays?? Especially when you can do it in a way that’s fun….and simple….and oh so delicious. I may not be as cute a mom as I used to be. But I feel like these cookies are cute enough to make up for it. Don’t you?
- 2 c. animal crackers
- 12 oz. Vanilla Candiquik OR 1 bag white chocolate chips + 2 Tbsp. shortening
- 4 drops green food coloring
- ¼ tsp. mint extract
- rainbow sprinkles
- Melt Candiquik OR white chocolate chip/shortening mixture over low heat, stirring regularly, until smooth.
- Stir in green food coloring and mint extract.
- Using a fork, dip animal crackers into melted, flavored white chocolate.
- Tap to remove excess; place on wax paper.
- Add rainbow sprinkles and let stand to harden.