This Butternut Squash Crostini is deliciously savory-sweet and perfect for holiday entertaining! Grab the recipe, and then enter to win $500 cash for the holidays!
So. Another Halloween has come and gone…..and just like that, we’re full speed ahead to the holidays. Can you even believe it? Whoever said time goes faster the older you get was absolutely right. I feel like it never slows down! Especially in November!
I always feel like I need to brace myself come November 1. For parties and shopping and decorating and cookie baking and SO much food. And I feel like I need to remind myself to slow down and enjoy it all, rather than racing to the finish like I sometimes tend to do. I know I’m not the only one….who’s with me??
So, to help me remember, I’ve decided to take on a gratitude challenge. A pledge to myself to pause and be grateful in as many moments as possible this holiday season. And a pledge to let those around me know how grateful I am for them….starting with you, my lovely readers! I’m SO grateful for all of you – for your love and support and comments and questions. Because of you, I get to do what I love!
- 1 french baguette
- 4 oz. fresh goat cheese
- 1 small butternut squash (approx. 2 pounds)
- ¼ c. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ c. whole almonds, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ c. dried cranberries, chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke squash several times with a fork; heat in microwave 5 minutes to soften.
- While squash is softening, slice baguette diagonally into ½ inch slices. Place slices on a large baking pan.
- Once squash is cool enough to handle, peel and cut into small (1 cm.) cubes.
- Toss squash with maple syrup to coat; spread in a large rimmed baking pan.
- Place both baking pans in pre-heated oven.
- After 8 minutes, remove bread from oven.
- Stir squash and continue roasting 10 minutes more.
- Spread goat cheese onto toasted bread, approx. ½ tsp. per slice.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a small skillet.
- Add chopped almonds, minced rosemary, and kosher salt; toast 5-7 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Combine roasted squash with toasted almonds and stir.
- Top each crostini with a scant 1 Tbsp. of the squash mixture.
- Sprinkle with dried, chopped cranberries.
So, to show my appreciation, I’ve joined together with some of my favorite blogger friends to give one of you $500. Because….we love you! And because….’tis the season! ‘Tis also the season for parties galore, and this Butternut Squash Crostini is about to become your best friend. It’s quick and easy and packs a flavor punch. Perfect for the holidays. Almost as perfect as $500 cash in your pocket.
Be sure to stop by the following blogs and thank them for sponsoring this amazing $500 Giveaway: A Dash of Sanity, The Love Nerds, Like Mother Like Daughter, Play Party Pin, Sugar & Soul, Tried and Tasty, Let’s Dish Recipes, Cupcake Diaries, Cooking and Beer, That Skinny Chick Can Bake, Recipe Runner, Happy Food Healthy Life, Love Bakes Good Cakes, Lady Behind the Curtain, Bread, Booze & Bacon, The Lemon Tree Dwelling, Cravings of a Lunatic, Food Folks and Fun, , Our Mini Family, and Lemoine Family Kitchen