Gingerbread meets banana bread…..and it’s a match made in cinnamon drizzled heaven!
So I went Christmas shopping last night. Again. I’m beginning to think I’m not cut out for this holiday…..or at least the shopping part of it!
Why? Because I’m a perfectionist! And I can never just leave well enough alone. I use every last minute…..ALWAYS…..and when it comes to Christmas shopping, I find myself re-shopping for people I’ve already checked off my list!
Why? Because I start to second guess what I got them in the first place. Or I see something I think they might like better. Or I make the mistake of asking someone else for an opinion, and that opinion changes my mind. In other words, I’m a nut! Definitely not cut out to shop for the masses!
Now, as with anything, this little quirk of mine is not all bad. Why? Because it leads to delicious ideas like this Glazed Banana Gingerbread! Both good on their own….but together they’re amazing! I can’t leave well enough alone, remember? (You’re welcome!!!)
- 2½ c. flour
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. molasses
- ¼ c. milk
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon (or to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until well-blended.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack 10-15 minutes in pan; then remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Prepare glaze by combining ingredients; drizzle on bread.
If you’re in the mood for gingerbread, be sure to check out these delicious recipes too!