Immaculate Baking Company sent me free products to sample, but all opinions are 100% my own.
Sweet, moist apple muffins, stuffed with ooey gooey caramel and topped with a brown sugar peanut streusel.
I know I’ve mentioned this before…..but we are in another SERIOUS breakfast rut here at our Lemon Tree Dwelling. I think it has something to do with weekday mornings, the rush to catch the bus, the fact that picking an outfit and matching accessories ALWAYS takes longer than expected, the reality that Greta is just like her dad and never has an appetite first thing in the morning….
I started out the school year offering things like french toast, pancakes, scrambled eggs, smoothies…..and now, just over a month into the school year, we’ve worked our way down to things like cereal, cinnamon sugar toast, and yogurt. It just doesn’t feel worth it to make a big fancy breakfast when the kids may or may not actually eat it!
Of course, there are some things they are guaranteed to eat. Like Pop Tarts, or donuts, or anything with enough sugar to qualify as cake. And then, there are muffins! Muffins are so much lower in sugar than any of these other things my kids love…..they almost always incorporate some type of fruit…..and…..they’re ready to roll first thing in the morning! And when you use products from Immaculate Baking, like their organic flour, they’re something you can really feel good about giving your kids!
What sets these muffins apart from the rest is the fact that they’re packed with tart green apples and stuffed with whole caramels.. Not to mention the brown sugar peanut streusel! They make you feel like you’re eating a delicious caramel apple for breakfast! And, as you might imagine, it’s easy to get your kids to say yes to that!!
- 1 egg
- ½ c.milk
- ¼ c. oil
- 1 c. grated tart apple (I used Granny Smith with the skins on)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ c. flour
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 12-14 unwrapped caramels
- ½ c. toffee bits (near chocolate chips in baking aisle)
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. chopped peanuts
- Beat egg; stir in milk, oil, apples, and cinnamon.
- Mix in flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir just until flour is moistened.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners; fill each halfway with batter.
- Place an unwrapped caramel in the center of each cup and divide remaining batter evenly.
- Prepare topping and divide evenly among muffin cups and press down gently.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan.
Looking for more delicious apple recipes?