Which is why I’m getting an early start on Thanksgiving recipes. I’d like to know what I’m making for our different get togethers….and I’d like to know earlier than the day before! There will be no time for paging through cookbooks and food magazines, no time for last minute grocery store trips and searching for obscure ingredients. We’ll be too busy spending time with various members of various families, enjoying one another’s company with good food and a swimming pool! I need to be prepared.
I’ve had a huge taste for all things orange lately….not sure if it’s because of the lack of other fruit in the stores or because oranges are better this time of year or what….but oranges have been tasting juicy and sweet and refreshingly delicious to me. So I’ve been going with it. These cranberry corn muffins start with Jorden’s grandma’s corn muffin recipe and get better from there. Between the cranberries and the sweet orange honey butter, these have got to be the best corn muffins I’ve ever had. Perfect for Thanksgiving. You can put away those cookbooks.
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- ¾ c. yellow corn meal
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- ¼ c. unsalted butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 c. craisins
- 4 Tbsp. (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- Beat eggs; add milk and butter to mixture
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Stir in craisins.
- Divide batter evenly among 6 large, greased muffin tins (or 12 regular muffin tins).
- Bake at 400 degrees 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix butter, honey and orange zest by hand or with a hand mixture.