Sriracha Tuna Pretzel Bowls

#Tuna #Melts #Sriracha

Around here, Sriracha is a bad word. Or it was….for a long time….before I broke down and finally tried it! See, ever since Jorden discovered it a few years ago, he has been putting it on everything! Eggs, soup, casserole, pasta, potatoes, you name it…. And since I’m the one in charge of cooking, I haven’t necessarily taken kindly to him dousing all my hard work in hot sauce!

That was before I experienced Sriracha….Sriracha mayo, to be exact – the world’s best dipping sauce for french fries – and fell in love! (If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em….isn’t that what they say?) So I made some a while ago using a recipe I found here, and the rest has been sitting in my fridge ever since. I’ve been trying to figure out a way to use it up…..

……and then, inspiration struck.

Jorden was out of town (ironically enough) and I was trying to figure out what to do for dinner with the kiddos. I had some pretzel rolls that needed to be used, and the girls love tuna melts. Done! But as I dug through our always-overfull fridge to find the mayo, I spotted the leftover Sriracha mayo….and a grand idea was born!

The chewiness of the pretzel rolls + the spiciness of the Sriracha + the meltiness of the cheese = pure deliciousness. Here’s how it looked in progress:

Here’s what you need to know:

Sriracha Tuna Pretzel Bowls
4 Pretzel Rolls
2 (5 oz.) cans chunk white tuna
1/2 cup Sriracha mayo (1/2 cup mayo + 1 Tbsp Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce or more, to taste)
2 stalks celery, chopped
4 slices Provolone cheese

1. Cut a round cone out of the center of each pretzel roll to create a “bowl.”
2. Drain tuna and mix with Sriracha mayo and chopped celery.
3. Divide tuna salad between the 4 rolls and top with cheese.
4. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.

Looking for another easy recipe featuring melty cheese?  :) Check out my Pesto Sausage Flatbreads!
Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling!
I hope you feel right at home :)
-Cathy

Comments

I LOVE sriracha! I put it on everything, too! This recipe looks yummy. Pinned it so I can try it out some time! Stopping by from Monday Funday! Have a great week!

I have never tried Sriracha. Now that I have seen this recipe, I will have to give it a try. I need to find some of those wonderful pretzel rolls too!

Thank you for sharing at the In and Out of the Kitchen link party. I look forward to seeing what you bring next week!

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

Wow. I love the idea of the pretzel bread bowls! I’m totally going to use that. I am intrigued by the tuna and Sriracha. I will have to break free of my same old routine and give it a try. I will look for it. Thanks for a wonderful post!

That pretzel bread looks delish! There’s a little coffee shop here in our town that serves pretzel rolls – they are amazing. I’ve wanted to find a recipe. Might have to see if yours would work for that.

I’d be thrilled if you’d link up at this week’s Off the Hook!

Oh, these look so delicious!! YUMMY!! I just pinned. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! So thrilled you shared with us! Happy Friday!! YAY!! :)
    hugs
    Kathy

I cannot even imagine what this tastes like. We love hot sauce (OK, I love hot sauce. Hubby not so much unless it is mild Buffalo chicken wings.) Is it anything like that? They look absolutely wonderful, that’s for sure. An eating adventure!

Thanks for linking your posts (including this one) on Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. Hope to see you back again this week! :)

Blessings,
    Sinea Ducks ‘n a Row

Pretzel rolls are the bomb! I an still not on the Sriracha train..but my husband and son are in love with it! You should try the new Lays Chips with Sriracha, the husband loves them. Thanks for linking up last week on Made in a Day!
    Kim