These Blueberry Pie Bars are the perfect summer treat! They’re easy, delicious, and great for sharing…the ideal dessert for summer picnics, holidays, and parties! Sure to be a hit!
I partnered with Lucky Leaf to bring you this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemon Tree Dwelling possible!
And just like that….Memorial Day is here! Was anyone else caught off guard?!? I swear to you I was just starting to think about spring, and now….spring has come and gone and summer is upon us. HOW in the world did that happen?
Of course, it didn’t help that in the month of May we started our renovation, I went to California, we had Mother’s Day, and Myla’s birthday, and the girls have had every concert and end of the year celebration under the sun. I’ve honestly started to feel like May is a second December. Just. SO. Busy.
But. This weekend? Memorial Day weekend? We have NOTHING planned. For the first time in months! And I couldn’t be more excited. I’m excited to wake up and know that the whole day is ours to plan. I’m excited to stay in pajamas, and not have to make lunches, and not be thinking about what I need to make or where I need to be. In fact, it sounds AMAZING.
The ONLY thing on my “to do” list is grilling. And relaxing in our backyard. And while I’d love to be making some fabulous dessert, like these Blueberry Pie Bars, the reality is we have no oven. So no can do. But if we did? You better believe these Blueberry Pie Bars would be on the menu. Not only are they super easy to make, and ready in under 30 minutes, but they’re seriously delicious. As in I need to share them….so I don’t eat the whole darn pan.
And even better when they’re made with Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie Filling…our FAVORITE! I love baking with Lucky Leaf products because they contain no high fructose corn syrup and they have more fruit than other brands. And they’re so easy and convenient….you really can’t go wrong. If you love blueberry, these Blueberry Pie Bars are sure to become your new favorite. (And if not, you can easily substitute any variety of Lucky Leaf Fruit Filling in its place!) Perfect for Memorial Day…and delicious all summer long. Because whether you realize it or not, summer really IS here!!
- ½ c. salted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ c. flour
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 can Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie Filling
- ¼ c. flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 4 tsp. milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Cream butter; add sugar and beat well.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually stir in sifted dry ingredients.
- Spread ¾ of dough in a lightly greased 8x11 or 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Spread blueberry pie filling over dough.
- Spoon remaining dough over pie filling, spreading lightly. *Not all pie filling will be covered.
- In a separate small bowl, combine streusel ingredients and sprinkle over the top of bars.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth; drizzle over bars.