Quiche Lorraine Bites are packed with all the delicious flavors of Quiche Lorraine, and perfect for serving at a breakfast, brunch, or even cocktail party! They can be served right out of the oven or at room temperature….either way, they’re completely delicious!
I’ve partnered with Phil’s Fresh Eggs to bring you this post. As always, all ideas and opinions are my own!
Have I ever told you about my vast love of eggs, or the fact that I eat them for breakfast every. single. morning? It’s true! As much as I love the pancakes and muffins and all things carb….my love for eggs takes the cake. And my kids love them, too! Which means that we go through a LOT of eggs around here.
It’s not unusual to look in my fridge and see 4 dozen of them at any given time. Because I know we’ll use them! And there’s nothing more disappointing than pouring my first cup of coffee, reaching for the eggs, and remembering they’re all gone. I just can’t do it. Not in the morning.
So when Phil’s Fresh Eggs asked if I’d like to partner with them, it took me about 2.2 seconds to answer YES!!! What better way to share my love of eggs with all of you? Especially when they’re eggs you can feel good about.
Have you heard of Phil’s Fresh Eggs? It’s a family run, second generation, cage-free egg production facility based in Forreston, Illinois. Started in the late 1950’s, Phil’s Fresh Eggs developed and pioneered the cage-free egg production model that is utilized around the world today. Phil’s eggs are the result of happy hens allowed freedoms that caged birds never experience. Along the same lines, the chickens eat a healthy diet of corn, soybeans and other grains. Phil’s never uses any animal proteins, drugs, hormones, antibiotics or genetically modified (GMO) corn. The end result is simple: happier chickens and BETTER TASTING EGGS!
Which means better tasting Quiche Lorraine Bites….something you should be very happy about. You may remember I posted a recipe for Crustless Quiche Lorraine back in March. And as much as I love the crustless version, I really love these little bites! There’s something about the crispy phyllo shells paired with the fluffy eggs, the cheese, the bacon….you get the picture. They’re little bites of bliss!
And the thing I love most about them is that they’re so versatile. They would be perfect, not only for breakfast or brunch, but for a bite-sized party appetizer. One that’s sure to be a hit. Who ever said that eggs are just for breakfast, anyway? Certainly not me! Eat up!
- 2 packages (15 count each) Phyllo Shells
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 3 large Phil's Fresh Eggs
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- ¼ c. finely shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ Tbsp. flour
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 3 pieces bacon, cooked & finely crumbled
- fresh chives, for garnish
- Remove phyllo shells from package and place on a large rimmed baking pan.
- Saute onion in a small amount of olive oil until tender; set aside.
- In a glass measuring cup with a spout, combine eggs, cream, cheese, flour, salt & pepper and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in sauteed onion and crumbled bacon.
- Pour mixture into phyllo cups, filling as full as possible.
- Bake at 350 degrees approximately 12 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Garnish with chopped fresh chives.