Italian Sausage Pizza Soup has all the flavors of pizza in a hearty, delicious, comforting bowl of soup! Plus 11 other delicious soup recipes for National Homemade Soup Day!
Ever since we had kids, I’ve been big on the idea of traditions. I’ve always loved the thought of my kids having tons of fun memories to look back on, and talk about when they’re older….and I love the possibility that they might even continue some of them when they have kids of their own!
Of course, the thing about traditions is you can’t force them to stick. And you really can’t predict the ones that will. Because traditions are developed slowly….over time….and what I find is that some of our favorite traditions aren’t at all the ones we set out to create!
A perfect example? Friday movie nights. I’m pretty sure the girls would rank them in their top 5 favorite family traditions, but to be honest, I have no idea when or how they even started! They were never in my “plan”….although I must say I’ve definitely grown to love them.
We cozy up on the couch with our blankets and pjs, and equally important to the movie is…..the PIZZA!!! Sometimes we go with our favorite and sometimes we mix it up….but whatever we do, it’s always exactly how we want to be spending our Friday night.
Well, I know it’s only Thursday, and we’ll most likely (definitely) be having pizza tomorrow….but I couldn’t resist. This soup is like pizza in a bowl! Right down to the cheesy garlic bread croutons. If you love pizza as much as we do, you HAVE to try it!!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. chopped mushrooms
- 1 c. chopped onions
- 1 c. chopped green peppers
- 1 pkg. Jennie-O Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage (19.5 oz.)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) pizza sauce
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 package frozen cheesy garlic bread
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, onions, and green peppers and saute 2 minutes.
- Add turkey sausage (casings removed), breaking it apart with a wooden spoon.
- Saute, stirring occasionally, until sausage is cooked through.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, pizza sauce, and dried oregano.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until soup is heated through.
- Prepare garlic bread according to package instructions.
- Cut into 1 inch croutons and serve together.
And since today is National Homemade Soup Day, I’ve joined together with some of my favorite bloggers to bring you SO many delicious soup recipes. You’re welcome!
Thai Chicken Curry Coconut Soup // Eazy Peazy Mealz
Copycat Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli // Tried and Tasty
Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder // Dessert Now Dinner Later
Copycat Johnny Carino’s Italian Chili // Cupcake Diaries
Smothered Chicken Burrito Soup // A Dash of Sanity
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup // Like Mother Like Daughter
Slow Cooker Homemade Minestrone Soup // Life Made Sweeter
Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup // The Love Nerds
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup // One Sweet Appetite
New England Corn Chowder // Sugar & Soul
Italian Sausage Pizza Soup // Lemon Tree Dwelling