This Mushroom Bacon Swiss Crostini is packed with delicious flavor and so simple to make! The perfect holiday appetizer – it’s sure to please a crowd!
I have a thing for crostini. I really do. Not only is it so easy to make (we’re talking minutes) and something everyone seems to love, but the possibilities for it are endless! Which means more fun for me!
It’s kind of become my go-to quick appetizer, because I always seem to have something for it on hand. I’ve shared several with you already – Butternut Squash Crostini, Balsamic Cherry Crostini, and the 3-Ingredient Crostini Recipes I shared last spring. But of all of them, this Mushroom Bacon Swiss Crostini just might be my favorite.
Why? Because it’s unexpected. And a little bit fancy. But still a flavor combo that everyone knows and loves. Which makes it perfect for the holidays! Whether you’re hosting or just bringing something to share, this is one recipe you need to bookmark for the next two months. You’ll be so glad you did!
- 12 baguette slices, toasted
- 1 c. button mushrooms, quartered
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 package of spreadable Swiss cheese (I used The Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss with Garlic & Herbs)
- fresh thyme
- Saute mushrooms in a small amount of olive oil until tender.
- Spread cheese on baguette slices, then top with mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and a small sprig of fresh thyme.