These Garlic & Herb Cheesy Potatoes are a delicious twist on a classic! Made with fresh herbs, minced garlic, and a blend of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, these potatoes are guaranteed to become a new family favorite!
Can we talk about holiday food for a minute? Because the holidays are HERE….and I couldn’t be more excited to eat my way through them!!! But every year I have the same struggle: Do I stick with the basics, the tried and true recipes that everyone knows and loves? Or do I take a risk and have some fun and mix things up? The struggle is real.
If it were up to me, we’d do both. Because I love the basics…but I love them even better with a twist! Gingered Pomegranate Lime Cranberry Sauce? Balsamic Citrus Green Beans? Maple Bacon Roasted Butternut Squash? YES…to all of it! Because if you ask me, life’s to short to always eat the same things. Even for the holidays.
Which is why this year I’m mixing things up with these Garlic & Herb Cheesy Potatoes! Just like the cheesy potatoes everyone knows and loves….but jazzed up with minced garlic, fresh herbs, and Crystal Farms Shredded Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese. The end result is SO delicious! It’s seriously the perfect flavor combination for the holidays…and just different enough to keep things interesting.
Are you familiar with Crystal Farms Cheese? It’s one of the largest cheese brands in the country, based right here in Lake Mills, Wisconsin! I love it because it’s a natural product made with few preservatives, it’s a rich source of calcium, it’s lactose tolerant, and it’s gluten free. Which means everyone can enjoy it! Not to mention the great selection, which means mixing things up is easy. And fun. And ALWAYS delicious. So what about you? Do you like to mix things up or keep them traditional? Either way, I promise you will LOVE these Garlic & Herb Cheesy Potatoes. Because potatoes! And…of course…CHEESE.
- 1 (32 oz.) package frozen diced potatoes
- 2 c. sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c. Crystal Farms shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 c. Crystal Farms shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ c. finely chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp. fresh minced herbs, divided (I used a combination of rosemary, sage, and thyme)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 c. crushed cornflakes
- ½ c. butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, soup, cheeses, onion, 2 Tbsp. fresh minced herbs, garlic, salt & pepper. (*Reserve 1 Tbsp. herbs for topping.)
- Spread mixture evenly into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine crushed cornflakes, melted butter, and remaining 1 Tbsp. herbs.
- Sprinkle evenly over potatoes in baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-90 minutes.
And….it’s your lucky day! Crystal Farms is giving away TWO amazing prizes, and all you need to do is enter below!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms® Cheese. The opinions and text are all mine.