This Hot Chocolate Baked French Toast is prepped the night before, so it’s ready in the morning! Loaded with Dunkin’ Donuts hot chocolate and drizzled with hot chocolate glaze, this is one breakfast that’s worthy of a celebration!
No matter how old I get, or how many visits from Santa I have under my belt, there’s still something about Christmas morning that’s completely magical. Of course, it’s not exactly the same type of magic I remember from childhood…..
Around here, it usually goes something like this: The kids come running into our bedroom at the crack of dawn, bursting with excitement and trying desperately to get us out of bed. While we try desperately to eek out a few extra minutes of sleep because inevitably we were up way too late the night before! And within 5 minutes, we’ve given up hope of more sleep and are heading downstairs to open presents. Not quite as quickly as the kids. Sound about right?
It’s a little painful….momentarily….but as soon as we gather around the tree, it’s only a matter of moments before the magic of Christmas takes over. And for a solid 20 minutes we’re in the magical zone! And then….as quickly as it started….it’s all over. And the troops. are. HUNGRY!!!
Enter: Hot Chocolate Baked French Toast, made with none other than Dunkin’ Donuts hot chocolate! My kids LOVE Dunkin’ Donuts, and I have loved them ever since my own childhood. What better way to add to the joy and happiness of the holiday season than with Dunkin’ Donuts hot chocolate? Especially when it’s baked right into this delicious baked French toast.
I love everything about this recipe, from the hot chocolate to the mini marshmallows to the sweet glaze drizzled on top. You can’t help but notice how special it is. Definitely worthy of a celebration. And then there’s the fact that it’s prepped entirely the night before! So you can enjoy the magic of Christmas morning….without worrying about what’s for breakfast.
As long as you’re heading to Dunkin’ Donuts, I would definitely suggest picking up a hot chocolate or two to enjoy while you take care of your last minute preparations. Because if there’s one thing I know, it’s that hot chocolate = happiness. And happiness is what the holidays are all about! Also be sure to visit Dunkin’ Donuts on Facebook and Twitter!
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1¾ c. Dunkin' Donuts hot chocolate
- 6 eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- dash of salt
- 2 Tbsp. marshmallow bits
- 2 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- For the glaze:
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Dunkin' Donuts hot chocolate
- Heat sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat until well-blended, stirring frequently.
- Pour the sugar mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on top.
- In a separate bowl, whisk hot chocolate, eggs, vanilla, and salt in a bowl until well-blended.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread.
- Chill, covered with foil, 8-10 hours (overnight).
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for approx. 45 minutes. Remove foil after first 15 minutes.
- Prepare glaze by combining powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp. hot chocolate.
- Drizzle baked french toast with glaze and top with marshmallow bits and mini chocolate chips.