We crunched through the leaves….
And… we baked some yummy pumpkin treats!!
Sweet Taste of Fall: Spiced Pumpkin Cookie Cups
Cookie Cups (adapted from The Great American Cookie Cookbook's Moist Pumpkin Cookies)
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
Cinnamon-Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting (adapted from the Cream Cheese Frosting recipe in Cupcakes!)
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and sugars in large bowl until creamy.
- Beat in pumkin, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg until blended.
- Lightly grease mini muffin tins and fill 3/4 full.
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until set.
- Cool 5 minutes in muffin tins and remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, beat the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth and thoroughly blended, about 1 minute.
- Add the powdered sugar, mixing until smooth, about 1 minute, then add the cinnamon and ginger and beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes to lighten the frosting further.
The result is a perfectly tasty, perfectly poppable treat somewhere between a muffin and a cookie. Once you add the frosting, though…. all bets are off. My advice? Take Fall as your cue: Live in the moment and enjoy it while it lasts 🙂