This easy Garlic Aioli is about to become your new favorite dipping sauce! Made with just 5 simple ingredients, it comes together in minutes and is perfect for dipping vegetables, fries, and so much more. Once you try it… you’ll be hooked!
I’m ALL about the dips. In fact, I would venture to say that often times… no dip is a total deal breaker! Whether it’s steamed veggies or roasted potatoes or french fries, a delicious dip makes ALL the difference. And this Garlic Aioli is one of my absolute favorites.
It’s essentially Garlic Mayo, made from a combination of mayo, fresh garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. It’s deliciously addictive – just like what you’d get at a restaurant – and so incredibly easy to make!
We love using it as a dip for french fries or sweet potato fries, and it’s a great alternative to mayo on a sandwich. And I love the fact that you can adjust all the flavors according to your specific tastes!
Best of all, it’s literally ready in minutes. Which means you can have your favorite restaurant flavors at home… any time you’re craving them!
For the best flavor, I would strongly recommend using fresh squeezed lemon juice and fresh minced garlic. Refrigerated versions of each can be used as substitutes, but will not yield the same delicious flavor.
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
If time allows, mix this up 20-30 minutes prior to using. This will give the flavors a chance to marry.
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for later use.
🌱 Recipe variations
- Add 1 – 2 Tablespoons fresh minced basil
- Use light mayo for a lower fat alternative
- Substitute garlic powder in a pinch (fresh garlic is strongly recommended)
- Adjust the garlic flavor by using more or fewer garlic cloves
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or any of your favorite seasoning blends
- Add 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Aioli can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
🥒 What to serve it with
Garlic Aioli is delicious served as a dip or as a spread on sandwiches. These are some of our favorite recipes to serve it with:
- Zucchini Fries
- Zucchini Fritters
- Roasted Potatotes
- Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
- Crab Cakes
- Salmon Patties
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Garlic Roasted Asparagus
🧀 Related recipes
- Skinny Greek Veggie Dip
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Southwest Dipping Sauce
- Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- Bacon Blue Cheese Dip
- Honey Mustard Dressing
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g