The CUTEST little reindeer treats! Made with fresh strawberries, milk chocolate, and pretzel antlers, these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Reindeer are easy to make and guaranteed to be a hit!
When it comes to cute holiday treats, the sky’s the limit. Anything from snowmen to reindeer to polar bears and more, if you can dream it, you can make it. And one is cuter than the next!
Take, for instance, these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Reindeer. I’m not sure they could be any cuter… and not only that… they’re delicious, too! Fresh strawberries dipped in milk chocolate with pretzel antlers, candy eyeballs, and an m&m nose. They’re perfectly adorable and a definite holiday show-stopper!
But the thing I love most about them? The fact that they start with strawberries! Because who doesn’t love fresh strawberries… especially when they’re dipped in chocolate!?
What you need for this recipe
Strawberries – Fresh strawberries make the perfect reindeer head. I used one pound of medium-sized strawberries, washed and well-dried. Depending on the size of your strawberries, you may need slightly more or less of the other ingredients.
Pretzels – Mini pretzel twists form the antlers. Just break off the curved part on each side of the pretzel. It’s okay if they’re slightly different sizes.
Milk chocolate – I used Milk Chocolate Candiquik for dipping. You can also substitute milk chocolate chips if you prefer.
Candy eyeballs – Candy eyeballs make the cutest little reindeer eyes. You can find them in the baking aisle at most grocery stores, or at a craft store.
Red m&m’s – Regular red m&m’s make the perfect sized Rudolph nose!
How to make Chocolate Covered Strawberry Reindeer
Wash & dry the strawberries – The first step is to rinse the strawberries in cold water, then set aside to dry. Wet strawberries will interact negatively with the chocolate coating, so be sure they’re completely dry before dipping.
Prepare the antlers – Prepare the antlers by breaking off the curved part on each side. Don’t worry if they’re slightly different sizes… that’s part of the charm.
Stick the antlers onto the head – Stick the pretzel pieces into the strawberries to look like antlers. Again, don’t worry about perfect placement.
Dip in chocolate – Melt the chocolate in a bowl, then dip the strawberries as far into the melted chocolate as you can go.
Add the eyes & nose – Place on parchment paper, then add the candy eyeballs and red nose before the chocolate dries.
- Use strawberries that are medium sized and not over-ripe.
- Break the pretzels carefully using your hands; I would not recommend trying to use a knife.
- Candiquik works best for dipping! You can also substitute chocolate chips.
- For easiest dipping, make sure your bowl is deep enough for you to dip the entire strawberry.
- Make them the same day you plan to serve them… they don’t stay fresh for more than 1-2 days.
- Don’t worry too much about perfect placement of the eyes and nose. It’s the little imperfections that make these adorable!
More fun holiday treat recipes
- White Chocolate Reindeer Bark
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzels
- Christmas Crack
- Rocky Road
- Caramel Cashew Haystacks
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Bark
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Reindeer
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 8 ounces milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup red m&m's
- 48 candy eyeballs
- Rinse the strawberries in cold water, then set aside to dry. Wet strawberries will interact negatively with the chocolate coating, so be sure they're completely dry before dipping.
- Prepare the antlers by breaking off the curved part on each side.
- Stick the pretzel pieces into the strawberries to look like antlers.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl, then dip the strawberries as far into the melted chocolate as you can go (I stopped before the antlers).
- Place the dipped strawberries on parchment paper, then immediately add the candy eyeballs and red nose.
- Set aside to harden.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
leave a reply