These Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies are a delicious taste of the tropics! Soft, pillowy sugar cookies flavored with coconut and lime zest, then topped with a sweet lime icing. Sure to become a new favorite!
Do you ever find yourself drawn to the same flavor combinations over and over again? Right around this time of year, EVERY year, I find myself craving coconut & lime. And can you blame me? We’ve endured nearly 4 months of winter and all we want is sun. And warmth. And anything that reminds us that there’s life outside of winter.
Honestly, we’re in the home stretch…I know it. A month from now, spring will be here and winter will almost seem like a distant memory. Almost. But until then, coconut+lime will have to suffice. And I must say….these Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies are doing a REALLY good job.
I don’t know about you, but for me, nothing beats a good sugar cookie. And these sugar cookies are AMAZING. Not just because of the coconut and lime, which clearly puts them over the edge….but because the cookies, themselves, are perfect! They’re soft and chewy and packed with delicious flavor, just like a sugar cookie should be. And….they’re made with Phil’s Fresh Eggs. Which makes them even better.
What’s so great about Phil’s Fresh Eggs? Pretty much everything. Phil’s is a family run, second generation, cage-free egg production facility based in Forreston, Illinois. So I love that it’s local. And I love that Phil’s chickens eat a healthy diet of corn, soybeans and other grains, without any animal proteins, drugs, hormones, antibiotics or genetically modified (GMO) corn. Which means their eggs are the result of happy chickens….a difference you can taste!
Speaking of happy….these Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies are guaranteed to make you happy. Not just because they’re SO delicious, but because they’ll make you feel like you’re sitting on a beach, soaking up the sun, living the life. Or at least enjoying a really good Coconut Lime Sugar Cookie. Which, if you ask me, is a pretty good second.
- 2½ c. all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ c. granulated sugar
- 1¾ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Large Phil's Fresh Eggs
- 2-3 tsp. coconut extract
- zest of 1 lime
- 1½ c. powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp. lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar and softened butter; cream mixture until light and fluffy, 4-6 minutes.
- Add Phil's Fresh Eggs one at a time, then add coconut extract and lime zest, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Using 2 Tbsp. of dough at a time, roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten each dough ball with the bottom of a glass to 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, prepare frosting by combining powdered sugar with 2 Tbsp. lime juice. Slowly add more lime juice until desired consistency is reached. Stir in lime zest; spoon onto cookies as desired.