These Easter Egg Cookie Cups are easy, adorable, and so delicious! Made with sugar cookie dough, lemon buttercream, and 2 types of Easter candy, they’re the perfect addition to any spring celebration!
Okay, I’m just gonna say it. I CAN’T EVEN BELIEVE THAT EASTER IS THIS WEEKEND! There. I said it. Seriously, though…..am I the only one??
I, for one, am totally NOT ready for Easter. Not that it takes much getting ready for…but for some reason, this year I’m feeling especially unprepared. I’m not sure if it’s because it falls so early or just because I’m behind in life in general…but whatever the reason, here we are. 4 days and counting.
Don’t worry….I have a plan. Today is the day for all things Easter! Candy, baskets, decorations, the works. And then I need to seriously tackle my mile-long to do list (which may or may not include registering Nora for kindergarten, something I’m pretty sure I was supposed to do months ago……Eek!)
But first, these Cookie Cups!!! I needed a recipe that was cute but EASY. And obviously delicious. These little cups are all three! With a sugar cookie base, sweet/tart lemon buttercream, and a few simple Easter candies, they’re sure to be the hit of any Easter celebration. Without making you crazy. Because I’m guessing I’m not the only one who’s underprepared, overwhelmed, and behind in life in general. Let’s not add to the crazy, mmmkay? Happy 4 days till Easter!
- ⅔ c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- ½ c. granulated sugar, for dipping
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2½ c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Twizzlers Easter Grass Candy
- Jelly Beans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl and beat on high speed 30 seconds.
- Add 1 c. sugar and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Mix in egg & vanilla, then add flour a little bit at a time until fully incorporated. *Mixture may appear crumbly.
- Using 2 Tbsp. dough at a time, form dough into balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Grease and flour two muffin tins.
- Place balls in muffin tins. *No need to flatten; dough will spread during baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven; using the bottom of a small glass, gently press down the center of each cup to form a ridge.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, top each cookie cup with lemon buttercream, 3-4 pieces Twizzlers Easter Grass Candy, and 3 jelly beans.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat 3 Tbsp. butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and lemon juice and continue beating at medium-high speed until frosting is light and fluffy.