I partnered with Pick ‘n Save to bring you this delicious recipe, but all opinions are my own.
The BEST EVER White Cheddar Beer Cheese Soup! This soup is packed with flavor, easy to make, and perfect for the cold months ahead!
I know I’m going to regret saying this….but I am really ready for fall! I’m ready to put the sandals and tank tops away for a few months, ready to pull out the cozy sweaters and boots and jackets. And, truth be told, I’ve been ready for a while!
Things were heading in that direction….and then, this past weekend, we had temperatures in the 70’s. And I know. I know! I should NOT be complaining. Like I said…I’m going to regret this! Because within a few short weeks, the sandals and tank tops will be a mere memory, replaced by hats and gloves and winter coats. And then….like every year, I’ll be wishing for spring.
But, for now, I am wishing for fall. Because, for now, I am ready for soup! Of course, I know you can eat soup anytime. But there’s something about a warm bowl of soup on a cold day that feels absolutely perfect. Cozy. Comforting. Delicious. Especially when it’s Beer Cheese. Maybe it’s because I’m from Wisconsin, where cheese is in our blood. Or maybe it’s just because Beer Cheese Soup is so incredibly delicious and craveable. Whatever the reason, I adore it. And the fact that it’s SO easy to make at home makes me adore it even more!
Here in Wisconsin, we are known for our cheese. And…we are known for our beer! So, naturally, I used Wisconsin white cheddar cheese and Wisconsin Riverwest Stein, a local beer from Lakefront Brewery, in this recipe. But one of the fun things about Beer Cheese Soup is that you can mix it up according to your taste, and one of the best ways to mix it up is by using different types of beer. So…are you ready for the best part? Pick ’n Save has partnered with Lakefront Brewery, offering a Pick Six 6-pack. The Pick Six is an exclusive 6-pack created for Pick ‘n Save by Lakefront Brewery, featuring 6 different rotating beer styles. Which makes “mixing it up” easier than ever! Thank you, Pick ‘n Save!
And now……who’s ready for some SOUP???
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- ½ c. diced carrots
- ½ c. diced celery
- ½ c. diced onion
- ½ c. flour
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. half & half
- 1 bottle Riverwest Stein Beer
- 16 oz. shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. worcestershire
- Melt butter in large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add in carrots, celery, and onion and saute 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in flour, white pepper, and dry mustard.
- Slowly add chicken broth and half & half and stir to combine.
- Add beer and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat 5-10 minutes or until soup is thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese and worcestershire sauce.
- Garnish with bacon, scallions, or additional shredded cheese as desired.
- *If soup is too thick, add a small amount of broth to ready desired consistency.