Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue

Reach, creamy chocolate peanut butter fondue….made with just 3 simple ingredients.

Rich & Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue - made with just 3 simple ingredients!

Well….I am officially 23 weeks pregnant….and I am officially fighting to not have this be the pregnancy where I gain 80 pounds! Okay….that might be a slight exaggeration. But I don’t ever remember feeling this deserving of treating myself during a pregnancy! And by treating myself, of course, I mean eating every sweet thing in sight!

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I’ve never been pregnant with 3 other kids before….or maybe it’s the fact that I’ve never been a pregnant food blogger before….but whatever it is, my sweet tooth has definitely kicked into high gear. Now….I wish I could be one of those pregnant women who just goes with it and indulges in anything and everything during pregnancy. But I’m not! I don’t deprive myself….but I’m definitely aware of what I’m eating (and how much of it!)

Did you read my post the other day about fruit as dessert? Well….to make a long story short….it’s grown on me. Especially lately, when all I seem to want is dessert! It somehow seems more okay to indulge in dessert every day when, at least half the time, it starts with fresh fruit. Am I right???

Which brings me to this fondue recipe. I have literally eaten this every night for the past 5 nights. And I’m definitely NOT exaggerating about that! It reminds me of The Melting Pot’s Original fondue….deliciously chocolatey with a swirl of peanut butter and a hint of crunch. I love it with fresh strawberries or bananas…and I’m sure it would be delicious on just about anything! For the sake of not gaining 80 pounds, though, I’ll stick with the fresh fruit…..and, of course, the fondue!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue

Serves: 4
  • 1 c. milk chocolate chips
  • ⅓ c. Nutella
  • ⅓ c. crunchy peanut butter
  • strawberries, bananas, or your choice of dippers
  1. Melt all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
  2. Serve warm; store at room temperature.

Looking for more delicious chocolate recipes?

Nutella S'mores Cups 1b

Peanut Butter Oreo Mud Bars 1jpg

Loaded Reese's Peanut Butter Bars 1

Comments

Omg! This looks sooo good! I want to make some right now and just keep it in a bowl next to my desk. Pretty photos, too! Oh and can I just say that I LOVE your new blog design. Everything I see and love seems to be on the Genesis framework :).

Thanks, Sarah! I moved over to my new design this past weekend! Still working on fixing some bugs…but I’m glad you like the new look!! I LOVE the idea of keeping this next to your desk….for emergencies, of course. :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! That’s wonderful! This recipe looks really good and something I would have craved easily while pregnant…or any time for that matter. After all, the recipe does have peanut butter and chocolate, so who could say no?

Hi Jodee,
      Thanks so much for the congratulations! Yes….I am DEFINITELY craving this nightly now. This and turtle sundaes, although I’ve tried to stay away from the turtle sundaes as much as possible. :) Thanks for stopping by – have a great evening!
      Cathy

This chocolate dip looks amazing!! Makes me want to head to the store right NOW to get the ingredients. I’ll try to practice some self control and wait for the perfect occasion to make this yummy treat. My guess is that I’ll cave and make it for myself very soon :) Thanks for sharing :) Glad I found your blog and am excited to follow along! :) Smiles, Whitney

Oh my gosh, Whitney….I WISH I had self control with this stuff! I just made my second batch….and I am not sharing it with the hubby or kiddos :) Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!!

4. ColleenB. ~ Texas says

I love Fondue and will be adding this to my ‘make it’ list for Super Bowl Sunday.
    You’re a great photographer. Beautiful photos that could be in an upscale cookbook or magazine.
    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Yeay! You will be featured @ our “Inspiration Monday Party” this Sunday @ 2pm at redheadcandecorate.com. Thanks so much for linking up Cathy!