St. Patty’s Vignette

I have never ever decorated for St. Patrick’s Day. But as I looked around my house this week, all done up in red and white, I was faced with 2 options: either find where I stored the “everyday” decorations before Thanksgiving (!) or skip the search process and just put up some new ones! So…. I guess I blame laziness for the fact that my house is beginning to look a little…green….

I have always loved the color green, which probably explains why I have a small collection of green glass vases scattered throughout various rooms in my house. But it’s amazing how bringing it all together can bring about an entirely different feel! That’s one thing I love about home decor – you can use the same pieces in so many different ways, and simply swapping out a few pieces can completely change the tone of a room.

But the inspiration for my little vignette was actually NOT the green glass….. it was the windowed mirror I found for $10 at a thrift store. What luck! The perfect starting point for St. Patrick’s Day decor. I LOVE the fact that it looks like a window… and I love the white frame. A house can never have to many mirrors….. right!? (I now have 8 on my main floor……I might be nearing the cut-off!)

I decided to repurpose these two white vases, left over from Valentine’s Day, and to add the white Pottery Barn flowers to the small vase in the center. I’m pretty sure those flowers are still around from our wedding gifts (!) but they have served us well through the years! They do a good job of tying the white in with the green….and they make me think of Spring! (Anything that makes me think of Spring right now is a keeper!)

To finish things off, I added this simple little lucky shamrock banner, made with shimmery cardstock, ribbon, and glue. In case you haven’t figured out by now, I like to keep things simple :)

I guess I can no longer say I have never decorated for St. Patrick’s Day…. and I’m also guessing there might be more in store! We’ll just have to see how far my laziness takes me…. :)

Looking for other holiday decorating ideas using glass vases? Check out my Christmas Joy Mantel!

Linking up to these great parties!

Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling!
I hope you feel right at home :)
-Cathy

Comments

I really love this – it is subtle and yet festive! Green has always been one of my favorite colors as well. Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven to say hi.
    xo,
    Lisa

Your decor is beautiful! I have never decorated for St Patty’s day either and I love the simple fun greens of your decor! I’m a new follower on GFC. Have a great week!

Ashley @ casa-de-castel.blogspot.com

Love that green glass! We’re into St. Paddy’s day because my hubby is from Ireland, but I don’t have any green glass. I know what my newest mantle addition will be. :-)

This is great! I have a double shelf Vignette myself and was just wondering how I could change it up for St. Patricks Day. I love your white vases!
    I found you today through the Pinterest Power Party. I’ve pinned this to my Pinterest Boards (http://pinterest.com/vmg206/). I’m #75 at Callies Crafts and I’d love for you to stop by my blog and leave a comment and/or pin, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206

How precious! Tomorrow’s feature on my blog will be a St. Patrick’s Day Vignette, and I loved seeing your take on it. What beautiful glass!

I love your collective of green vases – just beautiful! I don’t normally decorate for St. Patty’s day either, but I got inspired today and made St. Patty’s day subway art. I will be posting it tomorrow and would love for you to come take a look. Thanks for sharing on the Taylor House party so I could find it. I’ve added this to my St. Patty’s Day board.

thelovenerds.com
    Pin: maggie_thelovenerds

So cute! We just bought our first home and so now I have a mantel to decorate for the first time. I have walked right by green glass and just thought that whoever would pick it up would be a little crazy — no more! Now I will be the “crazy” one picking it up because this is SO pretty! Nice and green without being “drunk” on green (although I suppose that would be okay for St. Patty’s ;)

Stopping by from Keeping it Simple’s Motivate Me Monday :)

Love your mantel. I might have to skip St.Patrick’s day decor & go straight to Easter. I am so behind on everything, lol. A bit of the cold/flu has run through our house. I can’t wait to try your recipe you linked up too! Thanks for sharing Theresa @ DearCreatives.com

Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. you have a super cute blog, I can’t wait to read more!

You can find me at meandmr.com

-Melanie @ meandmr.com