What is it about Christmas that turns us all into little kids again? Ooh-ing and aah-ing over twinkling lights, belting out Christmas tunes in the car, sipping hot cocoa by the fire, searching for the perfect branch to hang our favorite ornament, writing out wish lists and anxiously awaiting the presents under the tree, making (and eating) a ridiculous number of cookies & treats...
...and then decorating them like little miniature Santa hats...!?
The Santa hats were a last-minute decision. And, now that I think of it, so were the truffles! It was a last-minute grocery store run before cookie-making with friends. It was worrying that two of the eighteen things we were making might be too similar. It was desperation...followed by inspiration...followed by little bites of deliciousness :)
White Chocolate Raspberry Oreo Truffles
1 package Golden Oreos
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
2 tsp. raspberry extract
white confectionery coating (approx 1 pound)
1 package red Wilton Candy Melts (optional)
1. Use a food processor to crush Oreos into crumbs and/or small pieces
2. Mix crushed Oreos with cream cheese; add raspberry extract and mix well
3. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on wax-paper lined baking sheet
4. Melt white confectionery coating
5. Dip Oreo balls into melted coating
6. Place on wax paper to harden
And then...if you want to have some fun...
So! Much! Fun!
Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling!I hope you feel right at home:)